Sunday, March 9, 2014

I Lieb you, you Lieb me ...

Last week, the lovely Paola from La Sartora nominated my blog for a Liebster award.



Wasn't that nice of her?  I did have to Google the award to figure out exactly what it was.  Basically, it means she likes my blog and wanted to throw a few more page views my way, and for that, I thank her. 

The Liebster Award is a way for bloggers to recognize other bloggers with fewer than 200 followers.  In exchange for the nomination, I have to link back to her blog, answer the five questions she set, nominate six small blogs, and pose my own questions to them.  I also had to provide five random facts about myself.  So here we go.

1. What is your greatest achievement? Childbirth.  x3.

2. What motivates you? The drive to produce. My love affair with crafting began one day, 10 years ago, when I first picked up a pair of knitting needles.  Ever since then, I have felt at loose ends when I'm not creating.  I think this is why I'm more-or-less a monogamous crafter; with few exceptions I always need to finish the first project before starting on the second.

3. What is number one on your bucket list? Honestly?  I hate the whole concept of a bucket list.  It's too stressful.  What if I don't tick the boxes?  I don't want to be a failure!

4. You find $100 on the pavement. What do you spend it on? (It doesn't have to be sewing related!) C'mon, we all know it's going to be sewing-related.  I'm boring - I would spend it all on fabric.  Probably from Fabric Mart.  I love Fabric Mart.

5. Summer or winter? Which do you prefer? I am all about embracing the season (as long as it doesn't go on too long, or present itself too severely).  I love summer for a few months and winter for a few months.  I will say, though, that if I had to choose between living on the Equator or in Antarctica, I'd choose the Equator.  So I guess I prefer summer.

Five Random Facts About Me:

  • Both my daughters were born at home, and the second one was born in the caul.  Apparently that means she will be psychic or something like that.
  • I used to have magic hair. Sometime after my oldest was born, my hair just stopped getting greasy.  I could literally go two weeks between shampoos and no one was the wiser.  This lasted about three years.  In the last couple months I have had to return to more frequent washings and it.is.a.drag.  
  • I have lived in eight different countries (I guess that's not so random, given the name of this blog).
  • I was a music major and I love to sing. I once gave a recital of arias at the Philharmonic in Yerevan, Armenia, and was a back-up vocalist on an album made by a friend of mine in Juneau, AK.
  • My toes point upwards at roughly a 30 degree angle from the rest of my foot.  I thought it was normal but apparently it's not.

Whew.  Now that you have absorbed all that super-interesting information about me, it's time for me to nominate more bloggers.  I was instructed to nominate six, though it appears the Liebster "norm" is 11.  I decided to nominate nine.  In no particular order:

... drumroll ...

Dasha at Crafty Crazies.  Dasha is my real-life friend, a fellow itinerant, a fantastic seamstress and mom to four (4!) beautiful girls.

Inder at Inder Loves Folk Art.  I discovered while checking out Inder's profile that she shares my love for Johnny Cash, Gillian Welch and Allison Krauss!  Rock on Inder!

Shelley at Bartacks and Single Track.  Shelley makes some seriously creative clothes for her kids and beautiful things for herself.

Katie at the creative counselor. I love Katie's style - everything she sews is something I would wear.

Janice at So-Cal Sewing Mom. Janice is a fellow Oliver+S devotee and has a daughter roughly the same age as my oldest, with similar style.  I think they would be good friends.

Ren at The Inspired Wren.  Like mine, Ren's sewing blog is very new, but thanks to her graphic design background it is lovely to look at, and she posts tutorials every month!

Justine at JustMeJay. Justine has seriously great taste in fabric and sews lovely things.

Ock Du Spock at Ock Du Spock. Ock (for I do not know her actual name) blogs about sewing, but also about her amazing garden and the yummy things that she cooks.

Meg at Cookin' & Craftin'.  Meg lives the expat life in Bangkok.  I recently found her blog, which showcases the awesome stuff she sews, using a lot of locally sourced fabric. In the smallest of small-world moments, it turns out that Meg's husband and my husband served in the Peace Corps together, and that I actually (briefly) met Meg five years ago. Cah-razy.  

*     *     *     *     *     *     *

Alright, ladies.  To earn your badge, you must answer these five questions and list five random facts about yourselves:


1) How much time do you spend on blog photography?

2) What is your idea of a perfect vacation?

3) What fabric are you currently drooling over?

4) What is your favorite candy?

5) What is the scariest thing that has ever happened to you?


I'm so excited to pass on the Liebster love and can't wait to read my nominees' posts!  Until next time.

8 comments:

  1. Ahhh! Thanks so much for the nomination! I'll have to get working on my Liebster post (and more importantly, checking out the other nominees' blogs)! Tim and I are still marveling over the small world sewing blog/Peace Corp volunteer connection ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Questions answered and award passed on... Thanks again!

      http://cookinandcraftin.blogspot.com/2014/03/liebster-lovin.html

      Delete
  2. Love it! Thanks for taking part. That bucket list question was asked at a recent job interview!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANKS! For the nomination and the lovely comments about my baby blog. I will pay it forward and post my own soon...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the nomination, and love your responses! I'll post mine soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to reading it!

      Delete

Hi! I am so happy you came by. Thanks for your comment!